Search my perspective

Friday, March 11, 2011

Orange modems

Recently I spent several precious manhours trying to figure out how
to use my Orange modem on my linuxbox. It was so frustrating to have
to resort to a lesser operating system like windows (sorry windows guys
am I stating things to openly ?). For a long while I pondered how the
whole ONDA community (ONDA is the vendor for these USB modems) could
have missed the whole point, I mean have a device that doesnot work on
Linux?? That would have been catastrophic to say the least,a simple mind
would even quip, ".. can't the technosavvy opensource community bring down
ONDA say by hacking into their servers (or any other high sounding techy name)in revenge?"
After googling around and regoogling and re-doing it uncountable times each
more frustrating than the former, I remembered what my "virtual God-father"
keeps saying:
"The epitome of madness is doing the same thing over and over and still
expect different results.."

So here I was,google-ing as it were.. Have you ever checked out the last page
on google's results? Well,in this instance I did,all to no avail!

So I tried to do something different this time,atleast my VGF(Virtual God father)
says that is an element of cleverness and ofcourse,I like to regard myself
as clever..

This is what I did:
Configure Orange Modem On linux

No comments:

Post a Comment